Bloggers Cruise 4: Wrap Up Video

March 7, 2011 -

Eric the Beard

Hello Bloggers, Eric the Beard here! I don’t know about you but I’ve just now FINALLY recovered from all the fun that took place on Bloggers Cruise 4 and all of its Glory! (See what I did there?)

To be honest, I was severely deprived of my regular tofu consumption throughout the trip (I totally forgot to pack my emergency tofu kit from home) and towards the end, I have to say I was getting a bit weak in the knees, a little delirious, and my beard even started wilting a bit… it was quite scary. (I think I need to talk with the Food & Beverage Manager about future Lido dining options…)

However, since being home, I’m back to my normal schedule, having already consumed something like 20 pounds of the highest grade tofu the world has to offer (this stuff is seriously like the Aston Martin of tofu), and I’m finally feeling like myself again with a beard that’s… like the Megan Fox of beards! Wait… that’s kind of… not such a… well, um… let’s just say my beard is more beardy and powerful than ever! :-)

With that said, if you’ve been following the blog or John’s Facebook, you know that we have been sharing videos updates of all the shenanigans that went down throughout the week on BC4 (and if you haven’t you can watch them all here). Everything from weather updates, to meeting the Captain of the Carnival Glory, and of course, Barney Galore (As you all know, he loves John, John loves him…). Well, without further ado, I’m here to present you with the final video of the Bloggers Cruise 4 series, in all its GLORY! (Hello! Do you see what I did there?)

Hope you enjoy it and while you’re at it, why not share your favorite part of BC4 in the comments section below, so we can make everyone who didn’t attend a little jealous ;-).

I’ll even start… with my favorite two parts….

1) Revealing a super-secret, awesome, never before seen John Heald “thingy” to all of the BC4 attendees.

2) John’s underpants hanging from the light during Big Ed’s Evil Crew Meetup! I will never forget this for as long as I live, as hard as I try.

What about you, which part was most GLORIOUS to you? (ANYONE? ANYONE?? IS THIS THING ON??!)

21 Responses to Bloggers Cruise 4: Wrap Up Video

1. Jeanette says:

It was a thrill to meet John and the rest of his entourage. Dang, Eric the Beard and Peter the Hare (or is it Hair?) are hotties–sorry, the inner cougar in me coming out since my previous crew-member prey (aka Alex the hot Lithuanian stud miffin) kicked ye olde bucket before I could catch back up with that hottie…

I had so much fun and only wished I could have sat and chatted for a few minutes with John, but with so many guests who’ve sailed with him and the other groups (like Big Ed’s) it wasn’t really possible. I guess we were lucky to be early risers and catch a minute or two to say good morning when he was getting morning tea at the Coffee Shop

I doubt I’ll be able to afford BC5 since I’ll be going in December of this year, but if everyone thinks positive I might just win enough in the lottery to afford to go!!!! *BG*

Had a great time and hope everyone else did too!

2. Sonja Scales says:

Hey John! I really loved the casual attire up on deck! <3 I cant wait to visit St. Thomas in September! Id have to settle for the Grand Turk, Nassau & my all time favorite…Half Moon Cay in 52 days!!

3. nanetteali says:

Agree with you about the underpants and I have pics to prove it jaja! Epic!
    My favorite part?I was really really lucky to have shared with all of you Big Ed’s evil crew party. Unforgetable!! :)
    Nanni

4. DannyMissy says:

Dan, Katie, Keaton and I had a WONDERFUL time! Thank you so much to all of you for everything. We cannot wait to see you all again soon!

5. chad konefe says:

eric could you email me a link to where i can download the videos or can you email me the files i would like to make a dvd for big ed my dad

6. Bobbi says:

Eric,

Thanks for this! You all did such a great job. I think my favorite had to be the Barney/Evil Crew party, but so many good times throughout the cruise. Loved the Q & A with all of you, gave so much insight on what you all do everyday for all of us. I hope you had as good of a time as we all did.

Thanks again,

Bobbi

7. Joe Barker says:

Had a wonderful time, we do have pictures of the underpants on the light. Can’t wait for the next blogger cruise and hope all can attend.

8. i loved the party with nannie and having dinner with you and john and peter and jorden and two of the stephanies and chris, what a special night that was for us! thanks for everything eric.

smiles, bee
    xoxo

9. Ray "Whimpy" French says:

Just want to say what a great time my wife and I had on the Bloggers cruise. Was nice to meet John and his crew. The best part for me was watching John singing ” I Feel Like A Woman ” while holding a cross dressing Barney doll and wearing a feather boa. Looking forward to cruising again with John and his gang.

10. Sandy B says:

Instead of “pants on the floor,” it was *underpants on the light*! Now that was some funny stuff. Loved the Q&A, seeing all you official guys/gals, and the sneak peek of the blog. I’m ready to cruise again!

Hugs,
    Duchess Sandy in GA…um…FL for awhile longer

11. Carol says:

You’ve created a new ambassador for Carnival. Can’t say “thank you” enough for a wonderful week on the Glory. I know lots of hard work went in behind the scenes to make my week to remember possible.

John, you, your staff and the entire crew of the Glory are “top shelf” and I wish you all only the best.

Thanks again,
    Carol

12. Marie Wolff says:

o.k. Eric the Beard, you did make me jealous. Hopefuly, Bob and I will make it to the next bloggers cruise.
    You and John did a fine job of keeping us stay at home bloggers up to date.
    Marie and Bob

13. Vera Feldman says:

Howie and I had a wonderful time on the BC4 Cruise. It was our first and hopefully not the last. Saving my pennies (dollars) now for the next one. What a great group of people we met. Have to agree the underpants on the light was a highlight. Need to let you know what a great Captain and crew on the Glory. At the airport we met a group that sailed to most of the islands we did on the Freedom. They asked about coming home after Grand Turk – we told him the Captain decided to go past Cuba since the seas were going to be rough. Well, their Captain decided to go right through the asigned way. They were all so sick. It was so rough they had buckets all over the place which were well used. Thanks so much for our wonderful Captain – who we did say with on the Splendor on our 1st cruise. Take care all and hope to see you all again!

14. Rita Presnell says:

TOFU!!!!!! Are you serious???????? Tastes like a dirty sponge!!!!!

15. Mike says:

Where do I sign up for the next bloggers cruise? Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

16. Maureen Fairservice says:

Just got off the Victory this past Sunday March 6th in San Juan. I have to say it was a wonderful cruise again. A few notes for the wonderful job my some staff:

Fun Shop: Kalpesh, Ali and Peter the manager – they were amazing. We purchased a Pristine Heart Ring which I absolutely love and extra miles Peter went for us showed how much they cared. The rest of the store staff were also great. Ali will be a wonderful addition to the Magic with you in Europe, Kalpesh – all the best for his wedding in April and I hope he and his future bride will be working aboard the ships after.

Main Dining Room : Late seating Atlantic Lower: table 212: First of all I have never sean a Maitre D go around to every table, every single night, to greet and make sure all was good. I HAVE NEVER SEEN a Maitre D more than once. A very nice touch from James Bond….. Our head waiter and assistant were wonderful. My only wish was 2 nights to dress up – I wish everyone would do that – saw way to many jeans and flip flops on formal and semi formal night – wished they would not allow that – i know it is hard with 4 entrances to a main dining room – Guess i just love to see people dress up and look good. ;)

Cruise Director and fun team: Karl with a K – man he is a riot – my second best crusie director after you John. Matt was with him – it seams everytime i get on a ship Matt is there – he is absolutly amazing – I hope to see him as a cruise Director one day. Ja-Mel was really good as well.

Carnival Victory: The ship is amazing – 2nd time on that ship – first time it was out of Miami. The Itinerary is amazing, only wish the sea day was the last day as its nice to have a day to relax.

Magician and Juggler were amazing and the food good as always – no complaints.

Now that we are back, its time to plan the next Carnival cruise.

Thanks

Maureen

17. Dave in Philly says:

Hi John, I read your blog often for many years. Truly very entertaining. I see over the years that commenters on your blog will sometimes request certain dining arrangements. How does one do that with you? I have my first request as we sail on the Dream on April 16th. Please let me know. It’s a simple request I have for four people to have a table for four.

18. Storm'n Norman says:

Another AWESOME Blogger cruise! Highlights include:
    1. Saw this crazy Aussie wearing ZANY hats everyday;
    2. Johnny’s Underpants Drink of the Week (S/N – winner of the Mixology Competition);
    3. Big Ed’s Evil Crewe contributions EVERYWHERE;
    4. Cruisemate’s (Ray M and friends) Texas Independent Day aft Balcony Party;
    5. Q & A with JH, The Beards, Chris Prideaux (Head of Entertainment);
    6. Al Ernst and Lewis Nixon’s Punchliner Comedy Shows as well as the Liars Club with CD George Solano & JH;
    7. The Crew, Officers AND the many new and old friends we met throughout the week!
    Again, we hope to see you ALL on BC5 on board the Carnival Magic in Feb 2012!

19. Linda (Mom of DJ) says:

Eric the Beard:

It was a DELIGHT to get to meet you. We had such a good time on the BC4.

We had so much fun….we booked the Triumph for May 14th while onboard the Glory!!

We look forward to all the enhancements you talked about!!!

Linda (Mom of DJ)

20. BillinMiami says:

Dear John and other honchos,

Thank you SO MUCH for doing SUCH AND AMAZING JOB making BC4 so GREAT!!! (OK, no more all-caps.) Every day was filled with fun add-ons and ways to enjoy. For Torben and me, the most enjoyable thing was just the attention and appreciation we felt from Carnival for being with you again. To be more specific, I can add:
    - Meeting so many loyal Carnival cruisers, to learn the ropes for the future (especially Table 442, Platinum Lower, you know who you are).
    - Getting the honest answers from your team at the Saturday Q&A — as a marketing person I wish that I had come up with this brilliant way of speaking with loyal and dedicated customers and taking us into the fold.
    - Ron Pass and his wonderful devotees around the piano. I haven’t had so much fun around the piano in a very long time. Even if it meant singing “Happy Birthday” three different times to Laura ; )

Thank you everyone for making this a truly memorable experience!

Bill & Torben

• Lynda says:

Some said above that the BC5 will be in December ? Is that correct ? Where is the info ?