Carnival Miracle And The Big Apple

June 15, 2011 -

CARNIVAL MIRACLE TO OFFER YEAR-ROUND EIGHT-DAY CARIBBEAN/BAHAMAS CRUISES FROM NEW YORK BEGINNING IN APRIL 2012

Line’s First Year-Round Departures from the Big Apple

MIAMI (June 15, 2011) – Carnival Cruise Lines will launch a year-round program of eight-day cruises to the Caribbean and Bahamas from New York beginning in April 2012 – the line’s first year-round sailings from that port.
On this schedule, Carnival Miracle will offer three uniquely different eight-day itineraries that visit a diversity of beautiful islands throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas. The itineraries include:

· Eastern Caribbean departures to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk, offered on a rotating basis April through October

· Bahamas sailings featuring stops at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau, offered on a rotating basis April through October

· Bahamas/Florida cruises with port calls to Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau and Freeport, offered November through April

While these Caribbean itineraries are uniquely different, each offers beautiful white-sand beaches, excellent shopping and dining experiences, world-famous landmarks, historical sites and attractions, and myriad sightseeing and shore excursion opportunities, including snorkeling, scuba-diving, and water sports.

These cruises also offer the convenience and affordability of sailing from New York on a year-round basis. Residents throughout the Northeast can simply board the Carnival Miracle in New York and start their vacation right away. This program also represents a tremendous savings in airfare cost for these consumers who avoid the inconvenience often associated with air travel today.

In addition to extended visits to sunny, tropical islands, guests on these voyages can experience Carnival Miracle’s wide variety of on-board amenities and facilities — delicious dining choices, captivating entertainment, extensive spa and children’s facilities, and fun-filled top-deck amenities, including the line’s signature Twister Waterslide.
According to Carnival President and CEO Gerry Cahill, Carnival has offered seasonal voyages from New York for more than a decade but the convenience of sailing from the Big Apple on a year-round basis, combined with its unique appeal as a pre- and post-cruise destination, strongly influenced the decision for the new year-round program.
“New York is one of the highest-rated homeports for ‘Fun Ship’ cruising. Carnival Miracle’s new year-round eight-day departures offer consumers the best of both worlds — a choice of three attractive year-round Caribbean and Bahamas itinerary options with the opportunity to depart from one of the world’s great cities,” he said.

“The cruise industry continues to be an economic boon for the City, and today’s announcement that the Carnival Miracle will start offering year-round cruises from New York City will do even more to stimulate our economy, bringing additional visitors and generating nearly $13 million in direct spending,” said New York City Economic Development Corporation President Seth W. Pinsky.

Added George Fertitta, CEO of NYC & Company, the city’s marketing, tourism and partnership organization, “New York City’s five boroughs offer a diversity of experiences for our visitors—we hope with the announcement of the Carnival Miracle’s year-round service out of New York that even more cruise passengers will plan a pre- or post-stay right here in the City.”

Carnival Miracle will operate its current eight-day Caribbean program from New York through October 2011. The ship will then reposition to Fort Lauderdale for a series of eight-day Caribbean voyages before heading back to New York to begin its year-round deployment in April 2012.

Reservations are currently being accepted for the Carnival Miracle’s new year-round sailings from New York. For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

12 Responses to Carnival Miracle And The Big Apple

1. Susan M / Please reply says:

I happy for New York. Even though I am thankful that Galveston is getting the Carnival Magic, I just wish we could get some different ports like the Miracle will be doing. After all if you can get all the way from New York to these ports surely they could do 8 day cruises from Galveston to some other ports.

• thomas tunks says:

SUSAN hit it on the head we could use more varity out of galveston on the long trips
      like [7 ] [8] days

• GeckoGal says:

Ditto! Even a change to the Eastern itinerary so that it wasn’t all Bahamas would be nice.

• Janet says:

Susan, we are also thrilled to be getting the Carnival Magic in our backyard. Check the May 20, 2012 sailing on her and you’ll see some new ports for Carnival out of Galveston! Who knows maybe in the future a 10 day Southern Carribean will also be offered a few times a year….we can dream about it right?

• Elizabeth says:

Yes, please!!! 8 days from Galveston. Different destinations from Galveston. I wouldn’t mind if we skipped Cozumel.

2. Linda (Mom of DJ) says:

John: I am thrilled for the people in that region.

Obviously, Baltimore showed that Carnival could be successful in that region year round (with the obvious winter weather issues)….so I know that New York will be just as successful.

Linda (Mom of your friend DJ)

3. Christina says:

I’m surprised that some are upset with this news (at least on CC)… I’m just thankful to have an option for respite from the cold winter months that doesn’t involve a flight that could be cancelled due to a snowstorm. I have an all-wheel drive vehicle, so barring the nastiest of blizzards, my arse is going to be driving the 3.5 hours to NYC as soon as the temps dip below 20 degrees or so :)

I’m really pleased with the itinerary options personally – one is just like the itin we did on the Pride except with one extra sea day and I loved that cruise so much. In fact, after doing the Universal Studios shore excursion, I’m really eager to take an excursion to Disney World, another place I’ve never been. I love Nassau and doubt I will ever tire of it, and I’m really eager to take a cruise to San Juan so I can check out the Coach outlet I’ve heard about on CC boards (I echo Heidi’s sentiment – a girl can never have enough handbags!) and last but not least… it’s a freaking cruise. If I don’t like the port, I’ll stay on the boat and soak in the hot tub. It’s not exactly a loss any way you look at it.

So thanks for the great news! I will most definitely be getting better acquainted with the Miracle during our nasty NE winters.

4. Yippee!! the Carnival Miracle is a great ship. The crew and the Cruise Director Malcolm are fantastic!! WHOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO!

5. Marie Wolff says:

John: Another father’s day will pass without me buying cigars for my dear dad.
    He too loved his cigars and found them relaxing. He never smoked anywhere that would annoy others. I do miss him and his cigars.
    I wish you a most happy Father’s day and hope you can enjoy a nice relaxing cigar.
    P.S. I love the Carnival Miracle, and, N.Y. is lucky to be getting her and Malcome too.
    Marie

6. Chris Jones says:

I really enjoy your blog thingy (even if you do it in your underpanties. i was wondering, since we’re going on our 2nd Miracle cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale this year, what ship is going to take her place and do the 3 St.’s itinerary, and or the Southern itinerary?

7. Blanca says:

GREAT IDEA I LOVE IT. Since the high rising prices of airline fares have kept me back from cruising which my favorite way to vacation, thank you Carnival for the super idea I’m sure it will be a hit.

8. bg says:

cruising out of nyc in the winter? that could be interesting just in getting there…considering the worst airport in one of the nyc ones and in the winter…arghhh…but i probably will try taking a greyhound (amtrack can’t get me to nyc before sailing time) just to see how it works—like i need a reason to cruise!