LAUGH IT OFF

July 6, 2012 -

One of my favourite things to do is to host the Marriage Show as it sharpens my improv skills and mostly because I get to meet people like this wonderful couple. The song at the end is both funny and poignant and a message I personally have taken to heart….laugh it off.

35 Responses to LAUGH IT OFF

1. Rita PResnell says:

This is the cutest and sweetest video I have ever seen!

2. Allan from Canada says:

Brilliant!!!!!!

3. Sharon Gelvin says:

What a beautiful couple. Apparently, they have learned the secret for happiness!

4. Michael Tomlinson says:

What a wonderful couple and a wonderful song……It made my day…..Thanks for sharing this John….

5. Bonnie says:

What a wonderful couple. Thanks for allowing us to meet them. There is really something to be said for the laid back, don’t take life too seriously kind of life they have obviously led. Brilliant. May you both have many years of a healthy, loving, marriage to come.

6. Linda (Mom of DJ) says:

What a delightful couple!!!!

• Julie Mendenhall says:

Thanks for posting this John! Randall and I have been married for 31 years…that song will serve us well.
      What a great couple they are!

7. Cheryl says:

Loved it!

8. A lovely couple and a tremendous song. The old gentleman was correct, just laugh it off. Thanks John, you made my day.

Paul F. Pietrangelo

9. Gail says:

So adorable :)

10. Paul Johnson says:

Sounds like some good advise to me.

11. Norma Pacheco says:

Those two are great! Loved the show!

12. Pam Bauer says:

Love this. So looking forward to seeing you John in November. Makes me remember what I loved about you being CD on my previous cruises.

13. manon says:

I love this couple, I always love working with seniors because they are the funniest in my eye.WTG to this couple, they look amazing and still very much in love wow

14. Lightpinksoul says:

What a adorable couple! And Yes, she’s right! Women: we’ ll never change our men!!!!! And Yes, he’s right too: Women, we remain “the Chief”. ……..Hope my boy never read this comment :-))))

15. Linda says:

What a wonderful couple. Thanks John for sharing Duff’s testament to leading a good life.

16. Ken Jones says:

WOW, what a GREAT couple! Sure hope the lovely Mrs. Jones and I are like that when we’ve been married 62 years! (HMMMM,,,that’ll make me 106 years old!)

17. Patty Martin says:

I think you just found a Theme Song!

18. David S says:

What an awesome video! And what a great couple! Brilliant!

19. Valerie Lindgren says:

This was so sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

20. Donna Shaw says:

“Dear John”,
    Thank you for posting such a wonderfully warm and witty encounter. Improv scares the dickens out of me, but you found yourself a wonderful couple who weren’t afraid of the spotlight, but rather enjoyed it I think!
    You laughed at Duff for something he said about still being romantic, but I didn’t catch it. Please share? I think you actually turned red :-)

21. LaRose Dean says:

This is such a lovely couple. And I loved the Hubby’s song! Thank you for sharing this.

22. Pam Wagner says:

Beautiful couple. My parents would have been married 62 years this year and were devoted to each other to the end. My husband and I will be married 41 years and hope we can make it to 62 happy years. God bless this couple. Thanks for sharing, John.

• DMI says:

Thanks for the great video My husband and I were married that long before he passed away this year. This made my day and restored my faith in your blog which I had almost put aside because of so many thrashings and negative remarks by your followers, Keep the poisitve remarks We know you are a good kind person as we witnessed that when we were on your marriage show several years ago! Thank You

23. Kelly Seymore says:

John – Hi, My family and I were on the June 15th sailing of the Breeze. We want to thank you for a wonderful and very memorable vacation. It was our first time to Europe and we all loved it. I also want to thank you for all your patience. I have been reading your blog and facebook posts and noticed how many complaints you handle. Your patience is amazing. Keep up the good work. Thank you again
    Kelly, Mason & Meghan Seymore
    Thomas & Joyce Curran

24. Linda Shank says:

John, What a beautiful couple 62 years married!! That song really touched my heart because it came from such innocence! We should all follow the words with everything in our own life! LAUGH IT OFF!!! I am married 27 years to the man of my dreams and I pray we can one day celebrate 62 years!! My mom and I were with you in Europe on the Carnival Liberty and you are awesome!! Sincerely Linda (Carnival Loving) Shank!!

25. Tiffany Cole says:

That was adorable! I found myself clapping for him here behind my computer :)

26. barbara says:

Made my day.

27. dave j says:

Hate the way this posting area just loses your post when it doesn’t like what you say

28. Runner says:

Hey John!
    I am cruising in a couple months and would like to propose to my girlfriend while on board. Any ideas or would there be a way to contact the cruise director in advance to set something up?
    Thanks!!

29. Laurie says:

Just now got a chance to see this and it brought a tear to my eye. If my parents were still with us… this would have been their 65th anniversary.

30. Hugo says:

HILARIOUS!!!!Loved it so much I’m still laughing hard 20 minutes later…

31. Steven says:

Brilliant!

32. Laughter is the best medicine.
    Thanks for bringing joy to our world.

Regards,